Why SilverStripe might be the best Web Development choice
Starting a web project may seem to be no big deal for inexperienced eyes, but in reality, it's a daunting task that demands uncompromising dedication and focus. While one may prefer the outsource the task to a web design company, but opting for a suitable CMS (content source management) is another vital option that they should keep at their disposal.
In recent years CMS platforms such as WordPress, Drupal and Joomla have gained popularity for their unique and quality services, but in our honest opinion, SilverStripe CMS is by far the easiest and most versatile solution for a wide variety of reasons.
First, it is an open source and free CMS, aimed to facilitate easy creation and maintenance of websites. Launched over a decade back in 2000, SilverStripe is released under the Berkeley Software Distribution (BSD) license.
SilverStripe is also considered to be one of the easiest CMS around today that brings you a unique web based administration panel that allows the modification of any segment of a website that includes a WYSIWYG (What You See Is What You Get) website editor.
Important features of SilverStripe
Some of the most remarkable features of SilverStripe CMS include:
* It allows revision control for all kinds of document that you want to publish on the website
* XML support
* RSS Feed
* Easy-to-use drag and drop navigation
* Easy Database generation
* Support for HTML5
* Full template caching support
* Multiple templates in one single page
* Configurable permission/security model
* Extensible web application interface
* The SilverStripe CMS is easily customizable and easily extendable- all thanks to the unique database relationships you can generate in between data objects and pages.
* Just like with any other CMS including the most popular ones like Joomla and WordPress, you may have to face certain difficulties while getting started with SilverStripe. Subsequently, the need may arise when you would require help to execute some specific tasks. You will be glad to know that SilverStripe is backed by a highly skilled and experienced community that never shies away from helping someone in need.
* SilverStripe is definitely one of the easiest CMS available today and you most certainly won’t take too long to become a pro with the help of a Denver Web Development Firm. However, that’s not to say that you can become an expert overnight- but we honestly believe that it is easier to learn than most other popular CMS like Drupal and Joomla. The main (http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/tutorials/1-building-a-basic-site) SilverStripe documentation is presented in everyone’s familiar Wiki format- there you can find all the necessary tutorials, documents and other ingredients to turn yourself into a pro within a fairly short period of time. Also, you might want to have a look at the (http://doc.silverstripe.org/framework/en/tutorials/1-building-a-basic-site) 5 basic tutorials before you get started.
* Because it is designed on the backbone of Sapphire- a popular object oriented PHP5 web framework, its movel-view-controller approach enables the users to easily part the logic segments from codes.
The bottom line
Like you have seen, the advantages of using SilverStripe are manifold, and that is precisely why more and more people including many Denver web development firms and web design companies have embraced it. Also, by using SilverStripe, you will be allowed instant access to numerous free widgets, modules as well themes developed by the community. The wide scale popularity of this CMS shows in the download figure (over 250,000 downloads worldwide) it had registered within the first 10 years of its existence.